Where the Future Lies for Eldermont

Tonight's game will likely create quite a transformation for Eldermont, and the people of Eldermont.  And your characters!  Really no matter where the story of tonight's game takes us, it will be one transformation or another.  So, I'm very excited about that.

I want to explain my absence from actively posting stories, etc.  I'm catching up on your stories right now, and enjoying them a lot.  But, there is a clear absence of stories from the DM!

It is a series of things.  Covid didn't help.  That was three weeks of no having the will or energy to create anything.  I recently bought a 75" television, and I'd be lying if I didn't say that was distracting.  Video games on a 75" television are like a whole 'nother thing than I've ever experienced.  I had Nathan's spring break, and then Elizabeth's spring break.  And it is Spring at work, meaning endless and tiring work.  Add it all up, and you get a neglectful DM for a while there.

But, creating stories, and narratives, and characters brings a joy to me that nothing can really replace.  So, I'll be posting more in the coming weeks.  I have stories lined up that I want to tell regarding moments in the Nameless War that your characters were too busy to notice.  I have stories lined up about the impact the Nameless War had on various locations of the world of Kempin.  I have Daruth stories to flesh out our last few games there for awhile.  And I have world-building to do for our new campaign.  So, I have quite a bit to do...and now is the time to do it.

So, if you've gotten used to silence from me, I intend to shock you a bit with an influx of communication.  Brace yourselves.  LOL.

I've said it before, but we will return to Eldermont.  I have a whole Campaign 2.0 planned for Eldermont after tonight's game.  If your characters survive the game, then they will most certainly be the focus of that campaign.  If they don't survive, then we'll shift character focus and move forward regardless.  :-)

Mark